I was talking to a friend a mine some time back about life at IITB, our hostels what we do etc. etc. She asked me:
“so do you go clubbing?” – Nope!
“Do you guys go partying?” umm…Nope! (not in the conventional sense at least 😛 )
“So what do you guys do to just chill!?” I was unable to answer her then, and for a long time!
Now after graduating, I realize that every single (weird and random) thing we did during our time was to chill! The debates, the all-nighters, even the midnight cog sessions!
Here are some of the ways we used to CHILL!
- Wing Pong – basically Beer Pong without the TT Table (they’re damn expensive!), the Beer (teetotaler), and those Beer Cups (we had to use plastic mugs!) – and named so because it was played in our wing (obviously!) I remember spending one whole night (after watching roadtrip – beer pong) trying to master the art. We even introduced variations like – triple bounce shots, wall bounce and bent shot – through the legs (federer style!) We ended up playing the game only that one time, but it was crazy fun!
- Pyromania– If you haven’t tried spraying deo over a fire – you’re really missing something. Great way to de-stress during midsems – we have (successfully) experimented with perfumes (Park Ave, some flowery fragrance), deodorants (axe, brut, Nike) and bug-sprays (baygon, Laal Hit, Kaala Hit) on a variety of objects like – Buckets, Paper, Tees, a friend’s hand etc. Sadly, it all had to end when we (accidentally) burned down one of my wingmate’s window (we went a bit too far, I know!)
- Marathon F.R.I.E.N.D.S Sessions (avg duration: 5 hours) – NO, that is not wasting time – it counts as valuable social experience and helps gain insights into various disciplines of the humanities like – psychology, philosophy, sociology, contemporary society to name a few and moreover is hell of a lot of fun!
- MAFIA – very simply, MAFIA is the best game ever made (yes, MAFIA and not AOE/CS/WarCraft/FIFA). Hours passed like minutes during heated discussions having the potential to involve the most passive of the lot. I remember the longest game I played was of 8 hours!
- 15 mins, GUNDA – As a wing ritual, it was customary to watch 15 minutes of the legendary movie before every exam. I can’t explain why the movie rocks, you just need to go (download and) watch it!